REPORTS TO: Principal
DEPARTMENT OR CAMPUS: Assigned
ROLE AND PURPOSE: Provide students with appropriate learning
activities and experiences
in the core
academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for
intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and
skills to function successfully in society.QUALIFICATION:
degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with
required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned
Demonstrated competency in the core
academic subject area assigned
core academic subject assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and
Ability to instruct students and manage
At least one
year student teaching or approved internship
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Growth and Development
and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s
curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in
student learning styles.
subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education
Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities,
materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles
and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to
plan instructional activities.
cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as
needed for special education students according to guidelines established
in Individual Education Plan (IEP).
with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives,
and methods according to district requirements.
and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
Management and Organization
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal
and informal testing.
responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by
the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school
classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the
physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct
and student handbook.
all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment,
materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional
Professional Growth and Development
and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents,
students, principals, and teachers.
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents, and community members.
- Use effective communication skills to present information
accurately and clearly.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committee as required.