CONTRACT: 187 REPORTS TO: Principal and Teacher(s) Assigned
DEPARTMENT OR CAMPUS: Pre-kindergarten through twelve
ROLE AND PURPOSE
The paraprofessional shall work under the supervision of a certified teacher and shall assist the teacher in the preparation and management of classroom activities and administrative requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS Minimum Certification/Education Experience
At least two years of post secondary education; or a high school diploma or equivalent and be able to demonstrate necessary skills on a formal state or local academic assessment Meet NCLB requirements Texas instructional aide certificate
Ability to work well with children Ability to communicate effectively Ability to follow verbal and written instructions Effective organizational and interpersonal skills
Experience working with children preferred Some experience in instructional training preferred
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations, and state and local policy.
- Assist the teacher in preparing instructional materials and classroom displays.
- Conduct instructional exercise assigned by the teacher with individual students or small groups.
- Keep the teacher informed of any special needs or problems of individual students.
- Assist in supervision of students throughout the school day, both inside and outside the classroom.
- Assist in maintaining a neat and orderly classroom.