ROLE AND PURPOSE:
Follow routine cleaning and maintenance procedures to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations and grounds. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES Cleaning
- Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms.
- Keep school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, and play areas, neat, clean, and free from trash i.e. paper, bottles. Custodial staff is responsible for picking up paper on campus proper.
- Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
Maintenance and Repair
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
- Assist with lunchroom set up, including arranging tables and chairs.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health, and safety of students and staff.
- Monitor heat, ventilation, and air conditioning systems to provide appropriate temperatures and ensure economical usage of fuel, water, electricity if possible.
- Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to principal.
- Move furniture or equipment within building as directed by principal.
- Assist in setting up facilities for special events. Ensure that restrooms are clean and have necessary supplies. Make sure that doors are unlocked.
- Assist with opening and closing building each school day.
- Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
- Check daily to ensure that all exit doors are kept closed and all panic bolts are working properly during hours of building occupancy.
- Inspect machines and equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Mental Demands/Physical/Environmental Factors:
- Buffer, stripper, wet and dry vacuum cleaner, electric drill, hand tools, shampooer.
Frequent walking, standing, climbing, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work outside and inside, on slippery or uneven walking surfaces, and ladders. Exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, toxic chemicals and materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not intended to represent and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.